Open a bank account in Kazakhstan for foreigners located in Kazakhstan and beyond.
Kazakhstani banks provide account opening services for foreign citizens located in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan. A foreigner needs to obtain an Individual Identification Number (IIN) for it.
To obtain an IIN, foreigners must obtain temporary registration with the migration police and go through the registration procedure with the tax authorities of Kazakhstan. Only a notarized copy of the passport (with translation into Russian or Kazakh) is required in this step. The terms for issuing an IIN certificate for foreign individuals are 3 business days.
The following documents are required to open a bank account in Kazakhstan:
- Mobile phone with local (Kazakhstan) number;
- Any of the documents confirming the IIN:
– original or copy of tax registration certificate;
– confirmation issued by the Public Service Center – Registration data of an individual;
– certificate of registration of an Individual Identification Number;
– document from egov.kz – Register of Taxpayers of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Any of the documents confirming the right to stay in Kazakhstan:
– a visa or a document replacing a visa;
– Notification of the stay of immigrants;
– notification of the arrival of a foreigner;
– certificate of temporary registration of an immigrant;
– registration in the passport at the place of residence;
– a stamp in the passport on crossing the border of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
– another document confirming the right of entry and stay of a foreigner in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
At the same time, the above documents may vary from bank to bank, however, the essence of the documents remains unchanged. However, it should be noted that banks may request additional documents.
Nevertheless, it is possible to open an account in a bank of Kazakhstan for foreign individuals remotely. WE Legal will provide you with obtaining:
- Individual identification number (IIN) (assigned only 1 time);
- Bank account in three currencies (tenge, USD, Euro or ruble);
- WE will receive your card and post you anywhere in the world.
Opening a bank card takes 2 working days.
All you need is a copy of your passport and a notarized power of attorney.
WE Legal will take care of all your hassle of obtaining an IIN and opening an account with a bank in Kazakhstan.